STV Children’s Appeal - Official Charity Partner for the Simplyhealth Great Women’s Run.
The STV Children’s Appeal stands up for children and young people in Scotland who are affected by poverty.
Most of us would be surprised and shocked to learn the real extent of child poverty in Scotland. One in five children in Scotland lives in poverty – that’s 220,000 children across Scotland.
Poverty can mean many things but for children in Scotland it can mean they are going hungry, they don’t have a bed of their own to sleep in and don’t have a warm coat to wear in the winter. The STV Children’s Appeal can make a difference in the lives of these children but we need your help.
Becoming the official charity partner of the Simplyhealth Great Women’s Run is a fantastic opportunity for the STV Children’s Appeal to make a difference in the lives of even more Scottish children. We hope you will take on the 10k challenge, join us at this fun event on 4 June, and fundraise for the STV Children’s Appeal.
STV cover all administration costs. This means that every single penny you raise stays in Scotland to support the children who need it most.
STV Children’s Appeal: our promises:
- Give every penny of every pound you raise to the children who need it.
- Keep all your money in Scotland
- Invest your donations in projects that will make a real difference.
- Speak up for the children who can’t.
- Support a community project in every single local authority in Scotland
STV Children’s Appeal: where the money goes:
- £20 provides a food parcel for two families - the smaller projects we support have been able to distribute food parcels to destitute families across Scotland
- £200 provides children’s beds, a washing machine or a cooker for a grandparent who finds themselves looking after their grandchildren because their parents cannot - we help kinship care groups who offer support to grandparents who find themselves caring for their grandchildren
- £500 provides help with housing, employment, and life skills support to young people who are either homeless, in threat of homelessness, or coming out of care – projects we fund offer counselling and support to children who would otherwise drop out of the system.
Raise money online
When you register to take part, all you need to do is select the option to fundraise for the STV Children’s Appeal and the team will get in touch with you and send you a fundraising guide with top tips and fundraising advice.
The easiest way to raise and collect money is by setting up your own fundraising page online. This will help your friends and family to donate quickly and securely.
To set up your page, visit either JustGiving and follow the simple instructions.
Get in touch
As always, the STV Children’s Appeal team would love to hear from you. Please get in touch to share your fundraising stories, let us know how training is going and send us your photos. You can reach us by email email@example.com or on 0141 300 3984.
Thanks for your support!