Struggle to run without music? Can’t decide between Guns N Roses and Kanye?
The Great Birmingham Run team has compiled its top 20 running songs, as voted for by our Brum runners, and created a special Spotify playlist to keep you motivated through your last few weeks of training in the lead up to our Midlands half marathon.
The playlist features music for everyone, ranging across all genres, from the likes of Manic Street Preachers and Kenny Loggins to David Guetta and Kanye West, and also includes a trio of Birmingham bands, Editors, Spencer Davis Group and ELO.
Music is a key motivator when it comes to training and running the half marathon; however as most runners will know, the right playlist is essential to keep you in high spirits.
We asked the people of Birmingham to suggest their top running tracks and compiled them into the ultimate running playlist.
To access the Spotify playlist, search Great Birmingham Run or visit: http://spoti.fi/1P7Mh1W
The Morrisons Great Birmingham Run Top 20:
1. The Spencer Davis Group – Keep On Running
2. The Jam – Town Called Malice
3. Glenn Frey – The Heat Is On
4. The Shamen – Move Any Mountain
5. Manic Street Preachers – Motorcycle Emptiness
6. Woodkid – Run Boy Run
7. ELO – Mr Blue Sky
8. The Automatic - Monster
9. Guns N’ Roses – You Could Be Mine
10. Editors – Papillon
11. Wilkinson - Breathe
12. David Guetta - Titanium
13. Bill Conti – Gonna Fly Now
14. Kenny Loggins – Footloose
15. Kanye West – All of the Lights
16. White Stripes – Seven Nations Army
17. One Republic – I Lived
18. The Killers - Human
19. The Script – Hall of Fame
20. Queen – Don’t Stop Me Now