We've teamed up with Manchester food blogger GirlCooksBoyBakes
to bring you healthy recipes on a budget.
Shakshuka is a Middle Eastern dish that works as a hearty breakfast, satisfying lunch or dinner and can happily be shared with any hungry eating partner.
It serves two people for approximately £2... that's only £1 per portion!
500g can of passata
1 red or white onion
Handful of baby plum tomatoes
1 red or green pepper
1 chilli (deseeded if you dont like heat)
1 clove of garlic
Handful of fresh parsley
Half a teaspoon of paprika
Teaspoon of any cupboard spice ( a basic curry powder or Ras El Hanout)
Salt and Pepper for seasoning
Brown Bread to serve
- Chop pepper, garlic cloves, onion and chilli and place into a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat. Cook for 2 mins until sizzling.
- Pour passata in to the pan and stir in 1 teaspoon of your chosen spice and half a teaspoon of paprika, cook until you start to see bubbling.
- Once bubbling, make small gaps in the passata and crack the eggs into it, at equal distances.
- Cover the pan with a lid of foil for 5 - 7 mins and reduce the heat to low to allow the eggs to cook and simmer.
- Once eggs are cooked, sprinkle feta cheese and a handful of parsley over the shakshuka and serve with brown bread (perfect for mopping up the tomato sauce)
Whether you’re a complete novice or a regular club runner, we have a Great Run to suit you.
From family events and 5k all the way through to marathon distance, there is something for all ages and abilities in Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Portsmouth and more locations across the UK.
Find out more and sign up today