Win a trip to the Cayman Islands Marathon 2023!
Open only to entrants of the Great South Run 2022
A Runners Paradise
Imagine running past stunning tropical scenery – white sand, turquoise waters and palm trees – while taking part in a once in a lifetime marathon (or half marathon) experience through the stunning surroundings of Grand Cayman.
The Walker’s Marathon and half marathon is back and will make the ideal target event for your training next year, to run in December 2023. You won’t find surroundings like it anywhere else.
After the event, explore Grand Cayman’s iconic Seven Mile Beach, meet the island’s exotic wildlife, or snorkel stunning coral reefs. Of course, you could just relax and enjoy the local cuisine in the Culinary Capital of the Caribbean.
Enter now for your chance to win the experience of a lifetime! Terms and conditions apply (see below).
Cayman Islands prize draw at the Great South Run
Terms and Conditions
- Entry to the competition is only open to entrants of the Great South Run 2022. By entering the competition, you are agreeing to these prize draw terms and conditions.
- The prize draw is being run by the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism (CIDOT’ / ‘we’/ ‘us’) of 34 Dover House, Dover Street, London, W1S 4NG
Eligibility to enter
- The prize draw is open to all entrants over 18 years of age only
- In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize you may win.
- Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner) of the Cayman Islands Tourist Board and /or those associated with the operation or promotion of the prize draw, are ineligible to enter. Any such entries are invalid.
- The prize draw is free to enter.
How to enter
- The prize draw is open to all Great South Run 2022 entrants and closes at 10am on 17/10/2022. Late entries will not be accepted.
- To enter the prize draw: Go to the competition web page at: greatrun.org/cayman-islands-competition/ to complete the competition form
- We will not accept responsibility if contact details provided are incomplete or inaccurate.
- Two prizes will be awarded to two competition entrants. Each prize will consist of:
- Return flights in economy class for two from London to Grand Cayman, direct or via Miami, including five nights’ accommodation* on a double occupancy basis** and two entries into the Walkers Cayman Islands Marathon in 2023 for the prize draw winner and their chosen guest.
- Departure date will be the most feasible travel day closest to attend the Walkers Cayman Islands Marathon 2023 and confirmed once official 2023 dates are announced. If winners are unable to attend the prize will be forfeited.
- Food and transfers are not included.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- We reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
- The decision of the Cayman Islands Department of Tourist regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
*Date TBC once official Walkers Cayman Islands Marathon 2023 is confirmed.
**Only one hotel room will be provided for the winner and their guest, and the guest must be over the age of 18.
- The winner will be notified after 17/10/2022 by email.
- The Cayman Islands Department of Tourism will attempt to contact winners by email up to two times. If contact is not made, the prize will be forfeited
Claiming the prize
- The winner will have 14 days from the date they are notified of winning to claim the prize by responding to the email and speaking to the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism. The prize will only be released following proof of identification.
- If a winner does not claim their prize within 14 days, they will lose their right to the prize.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or has not claimed their prize within the required time limit, the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism reserves the right to choose and notify a new winner.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash or any alternative. The prize cannot be sold or auctioned. The sponsor reserves the right to substitute part or all of the prize.
- Each prize is for two people and must be booked together and winner and travel partner must travel together. If the winner does not choose an accompanying travel partner the other ticket will be forfeited.
- The holiday prizes are based on a November or December 2023 departure, closest availability to attend the Walkers Cayman Islands Marathon 2023. Holiday is based on availability and winner will be given available date options which are closest to their request and allow participants to attend the on-island marathon event.
- The prize winner will be responsible for all other costs of a personal nature, for example all meals, domestic flights, transfers and travel insurance, which should be purchased at the time the holiday booking is confirmed.
- Once the prize is booked and confirmed any costs incurred due to alterations made by the prize winner will be at the prize winner’s expense. If winner cancels the holiday no alternative booking will be made and the prize will be deemed to have been forfeited without payment of any compensation or refund.
Data protection and publicity
- You consent to any personal information you provide in entering the prize draw being used by the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism for the purposes of administering the prize draw.
- Entrants who have opted-in to receiving the monthly e-newsletter from the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism consent to any personal information they have provided in entering the prize draw being used by the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism for the purposes of distributing the e-newsletter.
- Winners agree to participate in any reasonable publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
- This will include the public announcement of the winners on the Great South Run Facebook page.
- This will include coverage of the winners taking part in the Walkers Cayman Islands Marathon 2023 on the Great South Run Facebook page or other chosen social media channels after the event.
- All personal information shall be used in accordance with the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism Data Protection Policy, accessible here: https://www.visitcaymanislands.com/en-gb/privacy-policy/privacy-notice/
Limitation of Liability
- The Cayman Islands Department of Tourism does not accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrants as a result of either participating in the prize draw or being selected for the prize, save that the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism does not exclude its liability for death or personal injury as a result of its own negligence.
- The Cayman Islands Department of Tourism reserves the right to cancel the prize draw or amend these terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice.
- The prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- The actual value of the prize may vary based on airfare fluctuations and period of travel. The winner will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail value.
- The prize winner, upon accepting the prize holiday, agrees to participate in any public relation opportunities to promote the destination, if required.
- It is the responsibility of the prize winner to ascertain if visitors visas are required for travel and if so that they ensure these are obtained in sufficient time before travel and that the cost of the visas will be at the prize winners expense.
- The prize winner and travel partner must have full Covid-19 vaccinations and adhere to all coronavirus updates. It is the responsibility of the travellers to be aware of and follow Cayman Islands and UK laws including quarantine, social distancing, face masks and other restrictions put in place due to the pandemic. Any additional costs related to coronavirus regulations including testing is to be covered by the travellers.