2016/17 Great Run Club Challenge
The Great Club Challenge, in partnership with England Athletics and Scottish Athletics, has returned for a fifth year. There are even more opportunities for clubs nationwide to win exciting prizes at Great Run events in 2016/17, including a trip to the Great Ethiopian Run, Africa's biggest road race, in November.
The Great Club Challenge takes place over twelve events; the Great Bristol Half Marathon (25th Sept), Great Scottish Run (2nd Oct), Great Birmingham Run (16th Oct), Great South Run (23rd Oct), Great Edinburgh Run (23rd April), Great Birmingham 10k (30th April), Great Bristol 10k (7th May), Great Manchester Run (28th May), Great Newham London Run (2nd July), Great North 10k (9th July), Great Yorkshire Run (July), Great North Run (10th Sept)
Who can take part?
- Any club affiliated to England Athletics or Scottish Athletics
- Clubs must field a minimum of 4 men and 4 women
How does it work?
- The winning club is the one with the lowest average finishing time for their first 4 men and 4 women across the finish line
- Prizes available for top 3 clubs, plus spot prizes from our event partners
- 1st – 15 entries for the equivalent 2017 event, £500 towards club development and entry into prize draw for trip to Great Ethiopian Run
- 2nd – 10 entries for the equivalent 2017 event
- 3rd – 5 entries for the equivalent 2017 event
- The winning club in the Great North 10k Club Challenge will also receive guaranteed entry into the Great North Run 2016 for their club (max. 50 places at standard entry cost)
Each club winning a Great Club Challenge event is in with the chance to win a once in a lifetime adventure, to train and race in the country that has produced some of the world’s most iconic distance running stars - Ethiopia.
The winning team will enjoy a personal meeting with the world’s greatest ever distance runner, Haile Gebrselassie, before taking part in the Great Ethiopian Run with 37,000 other runners.
The Great Club Challenge, in partnership with England Athletics, last year saw 5344 runners take part from 146 clubs. Previous winners of the trip to the Great Ethiopian Run are Birmingham Running, Athletics & Triathlon (BRAT), Stockport Harriers, Tyne Bridge Harriers and this year’s winner Ripley Running Club.
Enter each event online now at greatrun.org and be sure to give your club name when entering.
The 2016/17 Club Challenge series will kick off with the inaugural Great Bristol Half Marathon and finish with the Great North Run.
Any questions and for further info please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.