EQUANS Business Challenge
If you and a group of colleagues fancy taking on a running event in Birmingham together in 2021, why not enter a team into the EQUANS Business Challenge?
Whether your team would like to take part to raise money for charity, reach a fitness goal or perhaps just have fun as a team, the EQUANS Business Challenge Great Birmingham 10k or Great Birmingham Half Marathon takes place on Sunday 10 October.
Important Event Update
We have made the difficult decision to postpone the Great Birmingham Run 10k and half marathon that were due to take place on Sunday 10 October.
We know our runners will be disappointed and we are too. Unfortunately, despite the lifting of restrictions this week, we are still required to deliver safe events that are designed to minimise covid transmission amongst participants and spectators. The impact of these changes would be an event that doesn’t meet our own high standards and we don’t think it would be one that runners would like to take part in.
We have therefore decided to postpone this year’s event and instead stage the 10k and Half Marathon in May 2022. This postponement allows us to deliver a much better event next Spring than we could in October, and we thank Birmingham City Council for their support in this difficult decision.
We’re sorry that we have to do this, but we hope everyone understands the decision
Next year’s Great Birmingham Run will take place on Sunday 1 May 2022. If you have a business challenge place, your business challenge team lead will be in touch with you directly in the coming days to confirm the process for securing your place in the 2022 Great Birmingham Run.
Thank you for your understanding.
The Great Run Team
Who can take part?
- Small, Medium and Large sized businesses
- Male, female and mixed teams (Mixed teams must be minimum of 2 male / 2 female)
- Minimum of 4 people per team and maximum of 8 people per team (you can enter as many teams as you wish)
- Team members must be 16 years of age or over on event day for the 10k and 17 years of age or over for the Half Marathon
How does it work?
- Prizes to the first three teams in each category (male, female and mixed team)
- Accumulated first 4 finishing times in each team will count. Top 2 male and top 2 female results in a mixed team will count.
- The fastest overall time in each business size category wins
- An engraved trophy will be awarded for the winning team in each Business Size category (Small, Medium and Large)
- The first, runner up and third place team in each team type category will receive an engraved plaque (male, female and mixed)
- Every company that enters 12 or more employees will receive their own personalised company engraved plaque
2021 Great Birmingham Run 10K: £25.83 entry fee + £5.17 VAT: £31 per runner
2021 Great Birmingham Run Half Marathon: £32.50 entry fee + £6.50 VAT: £39 per runner
(Please note if purchased as a business transaction you are able to claim back VAT)
To sign up, complete the entry form below. Once we have received payment we will give your nominated team coordinator access to our online management tool. They will use this to email an entry form to your runners; they will need to complete this to secure their entry. All your team coordinator will need to know is the runner’s name and email address.