Great East Run
Suffolk’s running highlight of the year is back. Each year 4,000 runners line up for an incredible running celebration, with cheering crowds and our famous entertainment zones providing the soundtrack to your run.
The route takes runners on a scenic journey through the beautiful Holywells Park, past Ipswich’s vibrant waterfront, under the iconic Orwell Bridge, with a grandstand finish next to Ipswich Town Football ground.
Whether you do it for a challenge, to fundraise for charity, or simply for fun, it’s not to be missed!
Great East Run
Join the Great East Run social community on Facebook for support, tips, event updates and more.
The 10mile course follows a scenic route that is suitable for runners of all abilities. Pass the prestigious Willis building and under the iconic Orwell Bridge, then head through the beautiful Holywells Park and travel down to Ipswich’s vibrant waterfront.
The greatest reward in taking part is the sense of achievement as you cross the finish line, but by taking your place on the Great East Run start line, you’re already part of something really special. Great Run events are renowned for being well-organised, safe, and inclusive and the atmosphere and support is always unbelievable.
Before the event
We’re here to help you be your greatest, so before the big day you’ll get…
- Your personal run pack sent to you in the post, with your run number and timing chip
- Access to training plans to keep you on track
- Exclusive offers and competitions from our partners and sponsors
- Support and advice all the way up to event day
- Regular emails keeping you motivated and moving
- A huge supportive and inclusive social community on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to help you on your running journey
On event day
Other than all the good vibes, fitness and mental health benefits you’ll also get…
- Access to the free Great Run app to allow your loved ones to track your progress along the route as well as access to all event information
- Access to the Great Run information point for any last minute queries (or safety pins)
- Closed roads offering a safe running environment
- Food and drink options to refuel
- A shiny new medal, an exclusive finishers t-shirt plus a finisher’s bag filled with goodies
- Plenty of medical support all around our routes should you ever need any assistance
- A huge round of applause as you cross the finish
After the event
Obviously you’ll have bragging rights for the foreseeable, but you’ll also get…
- Official event day photos available to view and purchase a couple of days after the event, so smile for the cameras!
- Your official result ready shortly after you cross the finish line
- Runners Rewards – access to special offers for participants, from our partners and sponsors as a well done.
Make It Personal
If you’d like a special memento from the day, why not purchase your very own iTAB to attach to your Great East Run medal ribbon? You can personalise your iTAB with your name, finishing time, and even a special message. Just £7.99 including postage and packing.