Great Manchester Run
The UK’s biggest 10k is back. Get ready for an unforgettable 10k or half marathon journey through the streets of Manchester. Starting in the heart of the city, runners soak up the buzzing atmosphere and booming Manc anthems all the way to the finish line on Deansgate.
With entertainment zones that celebrate local character and culture at every kilometre, some of the best (and loudest!) crowd support anywhere in the world, and all the action televised live on the BBC, this is an event day experience like no other.
Junior & Mini
Great Manchester Run
And the day of running is not just for grown ups. Why not get your little people involved too in the Junior & Mini Great Manchester Run
If you are looking to run to raise money for a charity close to your heart or help to support a good cause there are hundreds of charity running places available to choose from. You may be able to secure a charity entry by agreeing to raise sponsorship money.
Join Cancer Research UK and help bring forward the day that all cancers can be cured. Together we will beat cancer.
Dementia is the UK’s biggest killer. We can beat it, but we can’t do it alone.
Alzheimer’s Society is the UK's leading dementia charity. We need you to run for us. We need your miles, your energy, your determination to help us find a cure. We know that training for a run isn’t easy. But we need you to beat that snooze button, beat the weather, beat the wall – beat everything that stands between you and the finish line.
Run for us and join the race to beat dementia.
When you run for the BHF, you run to beat the world’s biggest killers. Conditions like heart diseases, stroke and vascular dementia. You run for the people you love. You run for mums, for dads, for brothers, for sisters, for friends, for loved ones. You run to fund research that helps to keep families together. One life saving breakthrough at a time.
Champions like you have helped get them this far - heart transplants, clot busting drugs, genetic testing and so much more. So join the BHF, and fix your eyes on the finish line. Because together, you can beat heartbreak forever.
Join an army of Team Christie supporters and put your best foot forward at Manchester’s biggest and best day of running!
The Christie is committed to revolutionising the fight against cancer by funding world reaching research, treatment and care, and education. With every step you take around the city centre streets you will be helping us to achieve our ultimate goal of a future without cancer.
Whether it is your first or your fifteenth run, the extra-special atmosphere and Team Christie encouragement will ensure you never forget crossing that famous finish line. Be part of something special; choose The Christie!
We're Mind, the mental health charity. We're here to make sure no one has to face a mental health problem alone. We won't give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets support and respect.
Join the movement for better mental health today and be part of something great!
Join Team NSPCC at one of our fantastic Great Runs! We’ll be there for you every step of the way, from fundraising to cheering you along the course. Set your next Challenge - choose your distance and location and sign up today. By joining us, you'll be fighting for every childhood and changing lives. That's what we call a personal best.
Great Manchester Run
ENGIE Business Challenge
If you and a group of colleagues want to take on a running event together, for charity, a fitness goal or perhaps just have fun as a team, why not enter a team into the ENGIE Business Challenge at the next Great Manchester Run.
Great Manchester Run
Join the Great Manchester Run social community on Facebook for support, tips, updates and more.
Manchester’s original running event boasts a city centre start and finish, with Half Marathon and 10k routes taking runners out of the city past the iconic football stadiums! Soak up the best of the Mancunian spirit with this course which lends itself to a great PB.
The greatest reward in taking part is the sense of achievement as you cross the finish line, but by taking your place on the Great Manchester Run start line, you’re already part of something really special. Great Run events are renowned for being well-organised, safe, and inclusive and the atmosphere and support is always unbelievable.
Before the event
We’re here to help you be your greatest, so before the big day you’ll get…
- Your personal run pack sent to you in the post, with your run number and timing chip
- Access to training plans to keep you on track
- Exclusive offers and competitions from our partners and sponsors
- Support and advice all the way up to event day
- Regular emails keeping you motivated and moving
- A huge supportive and inclusive social community on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to help you on your running journey
On event day
Other than all the good vibes, fitness and mental health benefits you’ll also get…
- Access to the free Great Run app to allow your loved ones to track your progress along the route as well as access to all event information
- Access to the Great Run information point for any last minute queries (or safety pins)
- Closed roads offering a safe running environment
- Food and drink options to refuel
- A shiny new medal, an exclusive finishers t-shirt plus a finisher’s bag filled with goodies
- Plenty of medical support all around our routes should you ever need any assistance
- A huge round of applause as you cross the finish
After the event
Obviously you’ll have bragging rights for the foreseeable, but you’ll also get…
- Official event day photos available to view and purchase a couple of days after the event, so smile for the cameras!
- Your official result ready shortly after you cross the finish line
- Runners Rewards – access to special offers for participants, from our partners and sponsors as a well done.
Why not celebrate your run with a personalised iTAB medal attachment? Your iTAB will be engraved with your name and finish time and fits perfectly onto the ribbon of your Great South Run medal. Just £7.99 including postage and packing