Great North 10k
Brand new for 2022, the Great North 10k route will start in front of the Baltic and take runners on a journey along the River Tyne, past Newcastle & Gateshead Quayside’s iconic landmarks, before returning to the Baltic to cross the finish line.
Enter on our official booking partner
It's Tyne to Run
We’re delighted to announce an exciting new route for the Great North 10k.
The new route follows the River Tyne, taking runners past some of the city’s most famous landmarks, with a spectacular start & finish in front of the iconic Baltic. The flat and fast route offers a great opportunity to get a new PB, spectator friendly viewing for family & friends, and stunning views of the Newcastle-Gateshead Quayside.
We’re pulling out all the stops to make this year’s Great North 10k the best yet! The Great North 10K marks the start of the countdown to the Great North Run in September. We’re looking forward to bringing that big event feel to the Quayside in July, with high energy music zones and an unbeatable on the day experience
Great North 10k entries are open to runners aged 15+ (10k) on the day of the event.
If you have any queries, please see our FAQs which should answer any questions you have.
Take Part To Win!
To celebrate the new route, we’re launching a very special prize draw!
Everyone who takes part in the Great North 10k 2022 will be entered into a free prize draw for an exclusive guaranteed entry into the Great North Run for the next 3 years! 10 lucky winners will receive guaranteed entry into the Great North Run in 2022, 2023 & 2024, bypassing the ballot completely.
We will make the draw on Monday 4 July and the lucky runners will be notified of their win by email.
2022 Event Timetable
Below is the event day timetable and start times.
Please note that this is subject to change, and we will communicate your specific wave and assembly time on your run number and in your pre-event emails.
Great North 10k
Join the Great North 10k social community on Facebook for support, tips, event updates and more.
Don’t forget to tag us on social with pictures of your shiny medal by using #GreatNorth10k
The route will start and finish in Baltic Square, in front of the spectacular Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art. From the start, runners will soon pass The Sage before crossing Swing Bridge and turning left on to Skinnerburn Road, heading East for approx 2km. Runners will then loop back along Hadrian’s Wall Path, passing the half-way point, before crossing back into Gateshead and turning right on to Pipewell Gate. The 8km marker signals the turnaround point, and the start of the homeward stretch – one final pass under the famous Tyne Bridge and a 400m sprint to the finish.
Get ready for your big finish line moment, and remember to smile for the official photographers from MarathonPhotos.Live, who will be there to capture you in action.
Please note course may be subject to change
The greatest reward in taking part is the sense of achievement as you cross the finish line, but by taking your place on the start line, you’re already part of something really special. Great Run events are renowned for being well-organised, safe, and inclusive and the atmosphere and support is always unbelievable.
Enter on our official booking partner
What You Get
Before the event
We’re here to help you be your greatest, so before the big day you’ll get…
- Your personal run pack sent to you in the post, with your run number and timing chip
- Access to training plans to keep you on track
- Exclusive offers and competitions from our partners and sponsors
- Support and advice all the way up to event day
- Regular emails keeping you motivated and moving
- A huge supportive and inclusive social community on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to help you on your running journey
On Event Day
Other than all the good vibes, fitness and mental health benefits you’ll also get…
- Access to the free Great Run app to allow your loved ones to track your progress along the route
- Access to the Great Run information point for any last minute queries (or safety pins)
- Closed roads offering a safe running environment
- Food and drink options to refuel
- A shiny new medal, an exclusive finishers t-shirt plus a finisher’s bag filled with goodies (2021 pictured)
- Plenty of medical support all around our routes should you ever need any assistance
- A huge round of applause as you cross the finish
After the Event
Obviously you’ll have bragging rights for the foreseeable, but you’ll also get…
- Official event day photos available to view and purchase a couple of days after the event, so smile for the cameras!
- Your official result ready shortly after you cross the finish line
- Runners Rewards – access to special offers for participants, from our partners and sponsors as a well done.
Take advantage of exclusive offers for Great North 10k entrants.
CLIF Bar Prize Draw
CLIF Bar® is offering two lucky winners of each 2022 Great Run Series event a bundle of CLIF nutrition. Each winner will receive 2 x…
60% off your first box
Get ready for your race by cooking delicious meals with HelloFresh. Discover 37 different recipes every week, from Calorie Smart dishes and quick 20-minute dinners…
We’re delighted to bring you a 20% discount from Gym+Coffee, the Official Activewear Partner of the Great Run Series. To redeem, simply use the code…