The Barilla Pasta Party is back and will take place on the Gateshead Quayside on Saturday 9 September. Open from 09:30 - 17:30. You can find a list of exhibitors here.
And what's more, Yes Chef winner, passionate foodie and ex-competitive runner Chris Baber has created the perfect pre-race energy pasta dish with simple carbs, light sauce and easy to digest lean protein - and it is absolutely delicious!
So head to the shops, bag the ingredients and whip up this quick, carby dish to get you feeling ready to take on your half marathon.
Prawn spaghetti with tomato, rocket, lemon and basil
100g Barilli spaghetti no5
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic sliced
Large handful cherry tomatoes halved
Black pepper to season
100g raw prawns
Handful rocket leaves
Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
Small bunch basil
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a gentle boil so that it will be ready to cook the pasta later
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan
- Fry the garlic for 2 minutes being careful not to let it burn
- Add the tomatoes, season with black pepper and cover with a lid. Cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes stirring from time to time
- Place the pasta into the saucepan of salted boiling water and cook for 6 minutes, drain and set aside saving a little of the water (6 minutes may not sound like a long time, but the pasta will finish cooking when added to the sauce later)
- When the tomatoes have had 10 minutes add the prawns, give it a stir and cook until they begin to turn pink then add the pasta with a splash of the cooking water. Give it all a good toss together so that the pasta is well coated in the sauce.
- Cook everything for a further 2 minutes then add the rocket, lemon juice, zest, and basil. Give it one last toss and serve.
Check out more delicious recipes on Chris Baber's Instagram page.