If you and a group of colleagues, friends or team members fancy taking on a running event together, why not enter the Team Challenge? It’s a great opportunity for businesses to encourage a healthy outlook for team members or staff, engage in all-important team building and focus on charity fundraising. So pick your event below, gather your colleagues, enter your team, and join us on the start line!
How does it work?
- Enter a team of colleagues into a Great Run Series Team Challenge event
- Your team must have a minimum of 4 people (16 years of age or over on race day)
- There is no maximum number of team members
- The finishing times of the fastest 4 members of your team will be used to calculate the overall team time
- The winning team will receive a Great Run Team Challenge trophy
- 2nd and 3rd place teams will receive a Team Challenge engraved plaque
- Special prize will be awarded to the largest team for each event.
Why enter a team?
- It encourages a healthy outlook for team members or staff, and it offers excellent team building opportunities
- It’s a great opportunity to focus on charity fundraising and supporting good causes – Great Run events have helped raise over £775 million for charity
- 98% of runners would recommend our events to a colleague or friend (based on 2019 runner questionnaire)
- It’s all inclusive – the challenge is open to everyone, with no limits on team size, age or gender
- It’s a great day out! The start line atmosphere, the entertainment and support on course, and the finish line celebrations provide truly special memories
- The experience of running a Great Run event is unrivalled – running through the heart of each city, with tens of thousands of runners and even more supporters, music & entertainment from start to finish and a lively event village for post-event celebrations
- Each team member will receive a shiny new medal, exclusive finishers t-shirt, and a finisher’s bag filled with goodies.