Tracking Your Activity
Useful information on tracking your runs and providing evidence for your challenge.
Providing evidence for your Great Run Solo challenge
The aim of our virtual challenges is to motivate everyone to set a goal, see what they can achieve, and then celebrate that achievement with us and with others. We don’t need detailed evidence of every run that makes up your challenge (if you say that you have completed your challenge then that’s good enough for us). However, we would like to celebrate with you and see just how you got on.
We suggest you use a tracking app to log your running activity during your challenge – any tracking app or watch can be used. You also have the option of using our online tracker to log each run as you go so that you can see a record of your progress. The online run tracker is available on each Great Run Solo Challenge page during the challenge period.
Once you have completed your challenge you will need to confirm that you have completed the challenge and submit your results to get your medal. Whilst its not compulsory, we invite you to upload evidence of your runs. This could be a screenshot of your running app, a photo of your watch, or even a photo of your own running diary/log.
Why not use a tracking app (like Nike NRC, Asics Runkeeper or Strava) to track your runs and keep a log of your total distance during your challenge – any app that can display your runs (or total distance) can be used. If you haven’t used a tracking app before, we’ve listed a selection below with instructions on how to capture your total distance.
Nike NRC mobile app (free version)
- Tap the menu button at the top of the screen, and then tap Activity.
- The Activity page will show the total of distance covered in each of the past calendar months, with each individual run listed below.
- Simply take a screenshot showing all of your runs that make up your challenge period and upload them as evidence. We only need to see the run distance and the date so that we can confirm the total distance covered.
- Up to 4 screenshots can be uploaded iof all relevant activities cannot be seen on one page.
- From the menu at the top of the page, select Training, and then My Activities
- If you need to, you can use the Sport box filter to display only one type of activity (e.g. Run)
- Simply take a screenshot or a photo of this webpage, showing all of your runs that make up your challenge period (manual calculation of the total run distance will be required)
- Multiple screenshots (or photos) could be taken and uploaded if all relevant activities cannot be seen on one page.
Asics RunKeeper mobile app (free version)
- Tap the menu button at the top of the screen, and then tap Me. This will display your own activities.
- Ensure the WEEKLY tab is selected to view your total distance for the this week and for last week.
- Tap on the MONTHLY tab to view your total distance for the this (calendar) month and for last (calendar).
Garmin Connect Mobile App – (for use with a Garmin device)
- Tap the menu button at the top of the screen, and then tap Activities. This will display your own activities
- Select Running (or walking If you have walked your challenge distance)
- Ensure the 7d tab is selected to see your distance covered in past week
- Tap the 4w tab to view your distance covered in the past 4 week period
- Simply send us a screen shot that displays the week(s) corresponding to your challenge.