Leeds Parks Challenge
Take on the challenge of completing 10 rounds of 5k in your local parks
Join our online community of fundraisers who are running, hopping, stepping and cycling, 10 x 5k, all in aid of Leeds Hospitals Charity. All you need to do is:
- pay your sign-up fee of £10 with Great Run
- set up your fundraising page
- don your new Leeds Parks Challenge t-shirt and get moving.
Everyone who signs up will receive a dedicated Leeds Parks Challenge t-shirt. Once you’ve ticked off the whole 50k, you’ll also receive a high-quality medal from Great Run.
The Leeds Parks Challenge has now ended. Well done to everyone who took part!
You Manage the challenge
Complete it where you want
- All you need is at least one space close to home – we have loads of great parks in Leeds, so this is a chance to get to know your local area a bit better
- You have until 30th April to hit the target. Some will complete 5k each week, others will do 50k in 2 days – the choices are endless
- The goal is yours to set – if you’re not a runner, you can also find another type of exercise – whatever takes your fancy
- Join our Facebook group and feel part of something bigger. Help spur each other on by sharing personal bests, ideas, pictures and celebrations.
The COVID-19 pandemic is still having a huge impact on our NHS staff. Your fundraising donation will help make things easier for everyone working at Leeds Teaching Hospitals, patients and their families.
Once you’ve signed up, you’ll receive support to set up a fundraiser page to share with your family and friends. The money you raise will support teams across our hospitals – here are some examples of where your money could be used:
Raising £100 for Leeds Hospitals Charity
Could pay for a wig for someone experiencing hair loss during cancer treatment, along with specialist support from the on-site hair loss service.
Raising £200 for Leeds Hospitals Charity
Could pay for arts and craft supplies for the play specialist team to use on a ward, helping to make hospital less scary for some of our youngest patients.
Be part of our community
Join our Facebook group and feel part of something bigger.
Help spur each other on by sharing personal bests, ideas, pictures and celebrations.