VI Runners Challenge
Visually Impaired (VI) Runners 10K Challenge
In partnership with VI Runners Bristol, we are excited to stage the first VI Runners 10K Challenge in 2021.
Our joint ambition is to use this event to promote and increase participation in running for people registered as severely sight impaired (previously “blind”).
The 2021 VI Runners Challenge will operate as follows:
1. To take part in the VI Runners Challenge, participants must be registered as severely sight impaired (previously “blind”).
2. Participants must enter the Great Bristol Run 10k event via the general entry system – entry.enteronline.org.
Note that the VI Challenge will be over the 10K distance, not the half marathon distance. Please ensure you enter the correct event.
3. Participants must then contact the event organisers at email@example.com to notify us of your name, your event registration number (you will receive this in your entry confirmation email), and your guide’s name and email address.
4. Guide runners will be emailed with an entry code which they must use to complete an online entry for the event.
5. Guide runners do not need to purchase an entry.
6. Guide runners should be appropriately identified during the event.
7. Participants and their guide runners must be linked together (via use of a tether) at all times during the race.
8. VI Runners Challenge medals will be awarded to the first three men and the first three women who have registered for the Challenge (reference points 2 and 3 above).
9. There will be no separate sub-classifications of visual impairment for the purposes of this Challenge.
10. VI Challenge participants will be required to make their own way (with their guides) to the start line on Anchor Road before the start of the event – runners will start ahead of the masses. Runners will be contacted via email in the weeks before the event with final event-day information and instructions.
11. For reasons of data privacy the event organisers can only communicate with the entered participant. It is up to participants to relay any and all relevant information to their guide runner.
12. Participants and their guides must abide by all general event terms and conditions, which can be viewed on the online event entry form.