Great South Run
Run through history on a unique 10 mile course that takes you on an unforgettable journey through this proud Naval city. Take in the impressive, HMS Victory, historic dockyard and the glorious seafront. Soak up the atmosphere and music from start to finish, passing high energy entertainment zones at every mile.
This televised event is a popular one and numbers are limited, so get in quick to secure your place on the start line.
Junior & Mini
Great South Run
Make the Great South Run a family event and get the kids involved in the Junior or Mini Great South Run.
If you are looking to run to raise money for a charity close to your heart or help to support a good cause there are hundreds of charity running places available to choose from. You may be able to secure a charity entry by agreeing to raise sponsorship money.
Join Cancer Research UK and help bring forward the day that all cancers can be cured. Together we will beat cancer.
When you run for the BHF, you run to beat the world’s biggest killers. Conditions like heart diseases, stroke and vascular dementia. You run for the people you love. You run for mums, for dads, for brothers, for sisters, for friends, for loved ones. You run to fund research that helps to keep families together. One life saving breakthrough at a time.
Champions like you have helped get them this far - heart transplants, clot busting drugs, genetic testing and so much more. So join the BHF, and fix your eyes on the finish line. Because together, you can beat heartbreak forever.
With your help we can do more for people living with cancer, giving each person the support they need to look after all that matters and take care of their health, protect personal relationships and deal with work and money worries. We want to help everyone with cancer find their best way through, from the moment of diagnosis, so they’re able to live life as fully as they can. You can be someone who makes that happen.
Dementia is the UK’s biggest killer. We can beat it, but we can’t do it alone.
Alzheimer’s Society is the UK's leading dementia charity. We need you to run for us. We need your miles, your energy, your determination to help us find a cure. We know that training for a run isn’t easy. But we need you to beat that snooze button, beat the weather, beat the wall – beat everything that stands between you and the finish line.
Run for us and join the race to beat dementia.
Join Team NSPCC at one of our fantastic Great Runs! We’ll be there for you every step of the way, from fundraising to cheering you along the course. Set your next Challenge - choose your distance and location and sign up today. By joining us, you'll be fighting for every childhood and changing lives. That's what we call a personal best.
Great South Run
Engie Business Challenge
If you and a group of colleagues want to take on a running event together, for charity, a fitness goal or perhaps just have fun as a team, why not enter a team into the ENGIE Business Challenge at the next Great South Run.
Great South Run
Join the Great South Run social community on Facebook for support, tips, event updates and more.
The greatest reward in taking part is the sense of achievement as you cross the finish line, but by taking your place on the Great South Run start line, you’re already part of something really special. Great Run events are renowned for being well-organised, safe, and inclusive and the atmosphere and support is always unbelievable.
What You Get
Before the event
We’re here to help you be your greatest, so before the big day you’ll get…
- Your personal run pack sent to you in the post, with your run number and timing chip
- Access to training plans to keep you on track
- Exclusive offers and competitions from our partners and sponsors
- Support and advice all the way up to event day
- Regular emails keeping you motivated and moving
- A huge supportive and inclusive social community on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to help you on your running journey
On event day
Other than all the good vibes, fitness and mental health benefits you’ll also get…
- Access to the free Great Run app to allow your loved ones to track your progress along the route as well as access to all event information
- Access to the Great Run information point for any last minute queries (or safety pins)
- Closed roads offering a safe running environment
- Food and drink options to refuel
- A shiny new medal, an exclusive finishers t-shirt plus a finisher’s bag filled with goodies
- Plenty of medical support all around our routes should you ever need any assistance
- A huge round of applause as you cross the finish
After the event
Obviously you’ll have bragging rights for the foreseeable, but you’ll also get…
- Official event day photos available to view and purchase a couple of days after the event, so smile for the cameras!
- Your official result ready shortly after you cross the finish line
- Runners Rewards – access to special offers for participants, from our partners and sponsors as a well done.
Make It Personal
Why not celebrate your run with a personalised iTAB medal attachment? Your iTAB will be engraved with your name and finish time and fits perfectly onto the ribbon of your Great South Run medal. Just £7.99 including postage and packing