Great North 5k
2022 Entries Open
Entries for this year’s Great North 5k are now open. Join us and be part of the biggest weekend of sport in the North East!
The Great North 5k kicks off the Great North Run weekend celebrations in style on Friday 9th September, on a fun and fast 5k route on the Newcastle Gateshead Quayside. The Friday evening event provides a party atmosphere with the celebrations on the Quayside continuing long after you cross the finish line!
Great North 5k event packs can be collected on race day – full details will be included in the pre-event day event information. If you would like your event pack mailed to you in advance there is an additional £2.00 charge payable on entry. Simply select this option on the entry form.
Great North 5k
Join the Great North Run social community on Facebook for support, tips, event updates and more.
Please note course may be subject to change.
The greatest reward in taking part is the sense of achievement as you cross the finish line, but by taking your place on the start line, you’re already part of something really special. Great Run events are renowned for being well-organised, safe, and inclusive and the atmosphere and support is always unbelievable.
Enter on our official booking partner
What You Get
Before the event
We’re here to help you be your greatest, so before the big day you’ll get…
- Your personal run pack sent to you in the post, with your run number and timing chip
- Access to training plans to keep you on track
- Exclusive offers and competitions from our partners and sponsors
- Support and advice all the way up to event day
- Regular emails keeping you motivated and moving
- A huge supportive and inclusive social community on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to help you on your running journey
On Event Day
Other than all the good vibes, fitness and mental health benefits you’ll also get…
- Access to the Great Run information point for any last minute queries (or safety pins)
- Closed roads offering a safe running environment
- Food and drink options to refuel
- A shiny new medal, an exclusive finishers t-shirt plus a finisher’s bag filled with goodies
- Plenty of medical support all around our routes should you ever need any assistance
- A huge round of applause as you cross the finish
After the Event
Obviously you’ll have bragging rights for the foreseeable, but you’ll also get…
- Official event day photos available to view and purchase a couple of days after the event, so smile for the cameras!
- Your official result ready shortly after you cross the finish line
- Runners Rewards – access to special offers for participants, from our partners and sponsors as a well done.
Make It Personal
If you’d like a special memento from the day, why not purchase your very own iTAB to attach to your Great North 5k medal ribbon? You can personalise your iTAB with your name, finishing time, and even a special message.
Just £7.99 including postage and packing.