Great North 10k
2021 Great North 10K
Well done to all 2021 Great North 10k participants, you were amazing!
Together we Run
Renowned for a relaxed and fun atmosphere, the Great North 10k route features the infamous ‘Slog on the Tyne’, the much-loved ‘Rehydration Station Crew’, three exclusively Geordie music zones, beautiful views of the city’s most famous landmarks, and the iconic finish inside Gateshead International Stadium. It’s a unique event that will have you smiling (and sweating!) from start to finish.
Runners will be welcomed home with music blaring & tannoys blazing, and will be rewarded with our awesome finisher’s t-shirt & medal. Be part of the Great North 10k and enjoy your own finish line moment on the track that is proudly hosting two Diamond League Athletics events this Summer. That’s pretty special!
It’s not all about the adults though, the event also includes the Great North Family Run,
a 1 mile challenge for the running stars of the future to take centre stage and earn their own medal.
Great North 10k
Join the Great North 10k social community on Facebook for support, tips, event updates and more.
Don’t forget to tag us on social with pictures of your shiny medal by using #GreatNorth10k
The 10k course will start and finish at Gateshead International Stadium. Your route will take you down towards the River Tyne and you’ll head along Pipewell Gate with the river on your right hand side.
Not long after you go under the Redheugh Bridge you’ll be able to enjoy a musical boost at around the 5k marker. At this point, there will also be a drinks station. Please help yourself to 1 bottle of water from the table.
You’ll then loop back with the river on your left and make your way back to the stadium, but before you do, you’ll need to tackle the infamous Slog on the Tyne hill. Get ready for your big finish line moment, and remember to smile for the official photographers from Marathon Photos, who will be there to capture you in action.
Please note course may be subject to change.
Be prepared for the water station at around the 5km point – It will be signed in advance. Make sure you are ready to take a bottle and try not to stop suddenly when there are runners behind you. Please help yourself to 1 bottle from the table. When you have finished, discard your bottle in the bins provided or at the kerb edge and try to keep it from the running route.
The greatest reward in taking part is the sense of achievement as you cross the finish line, but by taking your place on the start line, you’re already part of something really special. Great Run events are renowned for being well-organised, safe, and inclusive and the atmosphere and support is always unbelievable.
What You Get
Before the event
We’re here to help you be your greatest, so before the big day you’ll get…
- Your personal run pack sent to you in the post, with your run number and timing chip
- Access to training plans to keep you on track
- Exclusive offers and competitions from our partners and sponsors
- Support and advice all the way up to event day
- Regular emails keeping you motivated and moving
- A huge supportive and inclusive social community on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to help you on your running journey
On Event Day
Other than all the good vibes, fitness and mental health benefits you’ll also get…
- Access to the free Great Run app to allow your loved ones to track your progress along the route
- Access to the Great Run information point for any last minute queries (or safety pins)
- Closed roads offering a safe running environment
- Food and drink options to refuel
- A shiny new medal, an exclusive finishers t-shirt plus a finisher’s bag filled with goodies
- Plenty of medical support all around our routes should you ever need any assistance
- A huge round of applause as you cross the finish
After the Event
Obviously you’ll have bragging rights for the foreseeable, but you’ll also get…
- Official event day photos available to view and purchase a couple of days after the event, so smile for the cameras!
- Your official result ready shortly after you cross the finish line
- Runners Rewards – access to special offers for participants, from our partners and sponsors as a well done.
Make it personal
If you’d like a special memento from the day, why not purchase your very own iTAB to attach to your Great North 10k medal ribbon? You can personalise your iTAB with your name, finishing time, and even a special message. Just £7.99 including postage and packing.
Take advantage of exclusive offers for Great North 10k entrants.
CLIF Training Pack
Building on a successful partnership over the last two years we are delighted to announce the return of CLIF as our official sports nutrition partner…