As the evenings get darker earlier on and Halloween is just around the corner, now is a great time to blow off the cobwebs and focus your attention on your winter running goals. Whether you are brand new to running, or recently took part in one of our Great Run events, we have something for everyone.
What better way to kickstart your training than over Halloween? Delve into your cupboard, blow the cobwebs off your trainers and dig out those spook-tacular Halloween outfits as you prepare to head out for your run.
Here are some of our top tips to ensure your runs over Halloween are fang-tastic:
- As darkness sets in earlier on an evening, don’t get spooked out by running alone – buddy up with a friend or family member and head out for your run along well-lit streets.
- Get creative with the kids this Halloween and try tick or treating with a twist. With your little pumpkins in tow, set up your route around the block and try jogging between each street. Of course fancy dress is a must, or you could even pretend a zombie is after you!
- Get in the Halloween mood by compiling the ultimate All Hallows Eve playlist. Do your best moves to Thriller as you pound the pavements or use the Monster Mash to liven up your hill sprints.
- Make sure you glow in the dark! As it gets darker you need to make sure you are visible to others whilst you are out running. Try to wear fluorescent clothing with reflective strips to ensure you are seen and safe.
- Have your trainers becoming frighteningly worn-out? Maybe it’s time to dust off the cobwebs and invest in a howling new pair of trainers to put a fresh spring in your step. Check out our guide here.
If running has put a spell on you and you’re feeling inspired to take part in a running event with us, make sure you head to our events page to set your sights on your next challenge.