Children across Greater Manchester will have the chance to win an elite athlete appearance at their school ahead of the Simplyhealth Junior and Mini Great Manchester Run.
Manchester's biggest children's running event takes place on Saturday 27 May and kids from the primary schools across Greater Manchester's 10 local authorities have the chance to represent their Borough at the event.
The Simplyhealth Junior and Mini Great Manchester Run is partnering with GreaterSport, Greater Manchester charity, to encourage children across the city to become more active.
The 10 local authorities included are: Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Manchester, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford, Wigan The Borough that has the most children signed up to the event will have of its schools chosen at random to win the athlete appearance on Wednesday 24 May.
When entering the Simplyhealth Junior and Mini Great Manchester Run, participants should simply select their school Borough from the drop down menu on the online entry form to be in with a chance of winning.
The visit will be ahead of a packed weekend of sport in the city, which includes the Great Manchester CityGames on Friday 26 May.
A purpose built track is brought into the heart of Deansgate to provide a unique opportunity to see top athletes from around the world compete.
The main event then kicks off on Sunday 28 May with the Simplyhealth Great Manchester Run, featuring Europe's biggest 10k and a brand new half marathon distance.
Athletes such as 2012 Olympic Long Jump Champion Greg Rutherford have been a part of the Simplyhealth Great Manchester Run weekend before and have been involved in school visits.
2,000 children will take to the Etihad Campus for fun, fitness and fundraising before crossing the finish line and receiving a goodie-filled finisher's pack including a t-shirt and that all-important medal.
Join your school on the start line by signing up to the Simplyhealth Junior and Mini Great Manchester Run. Entries are open: Greatrun.org/Manchester
Terms and Conditions
1) Anyone who has selected one of the 10 Boroughs from the dropdown menu on the online entry form of the 2017 Simplyhealth Junior and Mini Great Manchester Run will contribute to the total number of kids running from that Borough.
2) The winning school will be selected at random from the Borough who has the most children signed up to the event at 10am on Monday 22 May 2017.
3) The winning school will be contacted on Monday 22 May 2017.
4) An athlete from either the Simplyhealth Great Manchester Run or the Great Manchester CityGames will make an appearance to a school of the winning Borough's that has been chosen at random on Wednesday 24 May 2017.
5) No cash alternative will be provided for the visit.